How to write resume for study abroad
A resume or curriculum vitae (CV) is a first impression which showcases your achievements, qualifications and skills. Therefore, be it for study or job, it should be written carefully. To study abroad, students have to design a resume to be presented before the universities and it is but obvious that university committee has no time to go in detail for every resume as they receive thousands and lakhs of resumes every day. They give it a glance hardly for few seconds. Therefore, it needs to be prepared very crisp, to the point and clear so that they get the clarity in just first look. For this, you need to understand how to write a CV –
- First of all, you need to understand the purpose of creating a resume. A resume is not an autobiography, so no need to write long stories. Keep it simple with highlights of your academic history, responsibilities, achievement and professional skills. It should be comprehensive with a focussed approach. The length of the CV should not exceed two pages.
- Then comes the presentation – usage of fonts, spacing, tools give a clear impact. One should follow proper alignment, standard format and spacing for academic resumes. Use bullets to provide a clear and quick look.
- You need to focus on the prioritisation in terms of content, which achievements should be highlight first, keeping general contribution below.
- Then don’t forget to mention your complete contact details in your resume. Ensure to include your full name, complete address including the street number, city, state, postal code, phone number and email address.
- Editing and proof reading of the resume is important because any wrong spelling or grammar mistake can cost you badly. This gives a negative impression. Therefore, once the resume is drafted, it should be read carefully so there is no scope of any errors.
- Last but not the least, you should know and familiar with what you are writing in the resume. Nothing as such should be mentioned in the resume about which you have no idea at all.
We hope these tips would help you to design your resume impressive for your study abroad purpose. If you still need any assistance on the above, you may contact GTK Overseas